Who can apply?
The Golden Visa system is particularly attractive to citizens outside the EU, offering opportunities for investors to obtain a fully valid residence permit in Portugal and, consequently, to obtain free movement access to the vast majority of European countries (Schengen area).
With the objective of attracting foreign investments to Portugal, Golden Visa is a very direct and flexible program, with simple and clear legal requirements. With extremely low minimum stay requirements, Golden Visa is clearly one of the most attractive residency programs for investors in the world.
The Golden Visa system has been an unskilled success and the proof of that success is demonstrated by the growing number of investors looking to take advantage of this plan by coming to Portugal.
Advantages and benefits of Golden Visa Português
- Simple and flexible investment requirements;
- Extremely low minimum stay requirements, 7 days in the first year and 14 days after 2 year periods;
- Fully extendable to family members (no more investment requirements);
- Freedom to travel to all European countries of the members of the Schengen area;
- Possibility of permanent residence and Portuguese nationality after 5 years;
- No limitations on ownership of the selected investment;
- No limitations on subsequent investments or employment opportunities;
- A very limited number of documents is required;
- Home applications processed quickly;
- Access to all Portuguese public services, including health and education.
General requirements for all investments
- Investment maintained for a minimum period of 5 years;
- Investment funds must come from abroad;
- Residence application approved only after investment;
- Entry into Portugal with a valid Schengen visa;
- Absence of flags in Portuguese immigration and Schengen services;
- Absence of conviction for a relevant crime.